Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Little Moments




Hi Friends!

My turn on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog today! 
I am sharing a More Than Words scrapbook layout that highlights our gorgeous FLAIR BUTTONS, as well as scraplifting our super talented Ulrike Dold! Yay!
So much inspiration! Let's get started!
Here's my layout,
"Little Moments"

 
Sigh! Isn't this pretty?!!
Pattern paper CV-MT001 PRECIOUS is SO divine!!!
I have a thing for florals and I *may* have been hoarding this paper! It's just so beautiful!
Speaking of beautiful, how fabulous is the filled wreath design from Ulrike? SO good! You can see more of Ulli's work here.
Now back to that gorgeous floral paper, PRECIOUS! The soft colours in the blooms are reflected in my mixed media background, and are just the prettiest! You'll also spy that wreath cut file (it's from Paper Issues) and the daisies in particular, are perfect for adorning with FLAIR BUTTONS.
With so much to look at here it's important that my photo remains the focus. So it doesn't get lost in all those blooms I use a black & white picture, as well as adding a CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKER frame to make it more noticeable.
 Let's take a closer look.....


All those pretty layers!!! 
And that photo is just the sweetest! Love these two cherubs!
On closer view, you'll see that I actually mounted the paper backed wreath onto foam. Apart from adding dimension and interest to the design, it also creates a visual separation between the coordinating mixed media base and the PRECIOUS paper. Defined space gives the eye a sense of order and avoids the 'messy' look despite the painterly base. In between the paint and the foam mounted wreath, I also tuck in a few DIE CUT EPHEMERA blooms, as well as that very pretty ACCESSORY STICKER tag.


So dear to me, indeed!


I fold the cut file daisies and leaves upward, adding more dimension because I am conscious that I don't want the colours and blooms to all blend in together. My framed photograph is tucked in under that first daisy and then more DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces are added to this cluster. Each daisy is adorned with a sweet FLAIR BUTTON as its centerpiece.


Simple, but oh-so-sweet and effective!


Cocoa Vanilla Studio create beautiful FLAIR & it's wonderful to be able to showcase how perfect they are! A 'must have' embellishment! I should add that the sequins that are scattered throughout my layout are from the Bits & Pieces in the Love Always collection.
To break up all the flowery goodness, I've added a few DIE CUT EPHEMERA butterflies to the wreath and adorned the outer wreath with CHIPBOARD and ENAMEL SHAPES hearts.
Here's another look at the beautiful FLAIR BUTTONS....


The You Are Loved FLAIR is such a soft grey that I mount it onto an ACCESSORY STICKER before applying to the daisy. In keeping with my design, you'll note that the sticker is in fact a PRECIOUS pattern wreath. Perfect! I love how everything always partners and coordinates beautifully in our collections! So good!


To add more emphasis and attention to my photo, I also add that pretty blue sentiment banner to the frame. The blue really contrasts against the apricot frame and is the perfect finishing touch!
Voila!
I hope my scraplift today has inspired you to use FLAIR BUTTONS in your projects!

Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment