Shimmerz Paints: Major Heart Eyes for Color Stories Inspiration!






Hi Happy Arty Days Friends!

Time for another awesome installment of Shimmerz Paints delights!
This month Paper Issues Partnered Up with Color.Stories.Inspiration and I was so inspired by the mood board that I had to create with it for a second time!
(yep, this is my round 2 entry - lol!)
I mean, the colours are just stunning!
And when it comes to colour, Shimmerz Paints has got you covered!

Here's another look at that moodboard......




And here's what I created using that stunning color scheme......

"Major Heart Eyes"


Major heart eyes, indeed! 
What a cutie! And such a bright & fun page to reflect his happy personality!
I used the playful Amy Tangerine, Hustle & Heart collection and combined it with my favourite Shimmerz Paints: Dazzlerz & Paste-eez! 
Unfortunately, I don't have a hot orange or light blue in my pastes stash... 
This is a gorgeous white, which I color mixed to create my 'missing' colors from the color scheme. 
Here's how....
On an artist's mixing palette, I combined 3 drops of orange food dye to one part Salt of the Earth for that stunning hot orange. 
That pretty light blue was created with 1 spritz of Vibez: Jeni Be Bleu to one part Salt of the Earth. I LOVE how pretty this turned out!
Shimmerz Paints are just Aaaah-mazing! 

You'll also spot Dazzlerz: Pucker Up Pink and Sour Apple in my mixed media background. All colours were applied with a palette knife, at the same time - no drying between colours. Allowing for lots of colour blending and tonal work.
Ga ga gorgeous!

Here's a few close ups for you.....



The blending between the hand mixed orange, and Pucker Up Pink is just sensational!


& that Sour Apple green is just divine! 
The cut file is a FREE one from the Paper Issues store; you can download it HERE


Yep! When it comes to mixed media and all the painty things, 
It's all about the color! The Shimmerz Paints colors!

I hope my take on the CSI challenge has inspired you to get out your Shimmerz Paints and play along too!

*Did you know if you type AMANDA in your Shimmerz Paints store order HERE
you'll receive a freebie?!
Yessss! AMANDA = free paint 
  

Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment