Paper Issues: January Mix It Up Monday




Hi Happy Arty Days Friends!

Welcome back for more Paper Issues fun with 
Mix It Up Monday!


This month the challenge is to use both gesso, & acrylic paint on your layout.
As this is something I do regularly, 
I wanted to push myself outta my comfort zone and try a different approach....
Here's what I came up with, 

"Snowflakes"



Yep. I painted my own background paper - complete with cute penguin!
It's a lil too kitschy and cute,
but hey...
What a fun way to use your paints in your scrapbooking!
The birdy base coat is painted in both black and white gesso. The rest of the bird has been painted with watered down white acrylic, mixed with pastel watercolours to obtain that soft, washed out look.
I've teamed it all with the super cute Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa collection. Perfect!



Love the chipboard stickers in the Snow & Cocoa collection - I only have 3 left from the entire board! 
And how about that penguin paperclip?!! So adorable!


Super cute embellishments for such a sweet photograph and memory!


Love that fun penguin! 
What will you create for yours???

Need more ideas and inspiration?
Check out what our talented team created here

*REMEMBER: Use my code AMANDA to save 20% off every.single.time you
 order in the Paper Issues store here*



Thanks for stopping by today!
til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment