Shimmerz Paints: April Color Kitz Inspiration & Process Video!





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for another exciting month of Shimmerz colorific inspiration!
 I am so super excited to be sharing my first creation (& process video) with the stunning new


If you haven't seen it yet, here's a peek at this fabulous new Color Kit!


Gorjus, huh?!

April Showers with the Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz. 
The April Collection includes the following colors and products:
Something Like Blue Inklingz: A new exclusive color to this kit. 
This color is a blue watercolor with a grey undertone. Much like cloudy skies on a rainy day.
Wave of Blue Inklingz: A new exclusive color to this kit. This color is a medium denim blue jeans water color.
Cold as Ice Vibez
Chick-A-Dee Spritz
Don't Citron Me Coloringz
Limoncello Shimmerz
1 exclusive Sweet Rainbow cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
1 package of daisy buttons.
1 set of "Sunshine mixed with a Little Huricaine" Dotz
1 set of Shimmerz Paints Stencil with dewdrops.



Here's my scrapbook layout using these divine colors...

"Shine"


Shine, indeed! What a glorious page! 
These colors are a match made in heaven - so stunning!!!

Here's a better look for you....


A really beautiful layout for my beautiful girl! 
I started my layout with a really fun and messy resist technique using an 'un-cut' cut file & Cold As Ice Vibez, Chickadee Spritz & Don't Citron Me Coloringz. 
(You can check it out in the video at the end of this post)


I then enhanced the geometric floral cut file with more intentional layers of paint with the two exclusive new colors: Inklingz Something Like Blue & Wave of Blue, as well as Shimmerz Limoncello. These colors are beyond words - so insanely gorgeous!!!
I applied two coats of these colors to really make them noticeable over the sprayed layers. 


I mixed some of the Cold As Ice Vibez into a white embossing paste, & applied it to my cardstock using the Shimmerz Paints Stencil: With Dewdrops. 
I love the soft texture and interest this added to my design - so pretty!
I also splattered Cold As Ice Vibes & Something Like Blue Inklingz around the perimeter of where my cut file would be positioned. Simple, but so effective! 


I foam mounted my shimmery cut file to create dimension and interest, and layered it onto my pretty  dewdrop base. I combined a bunch of Pink Paislee: Paige Evans: Bloom Street embellishments with the Daisy Buttons to evoke more of the Spring vibes. Love it! 


To complete the look, I added the You Are My Sunshine Dotz and a few of last month's kit, Shimmerz Paints Spotz. Voila! 

See it all come together in my detailed process video HERE



Thanks so much for watching! 
I hope you enjoyed my video & feel inspired to get creating! 




Thanks so much, 
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment