Hip Kit Club: March Kits - Recipe Challenge!




Hi Friends!

 Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club inspiration!
For today's post I am sharing my take on the Recipe Challenge being hosted in the 
This challenge is super fun & works with both the March 2020 & April 2020 Hip Kits!

Here's a list of what you'll need to include:
  • Photo corners
  • 2 or more photographs
  • 3 papers
  • Something shiny
  • Multi font title
  • Frame
  • Stitching
Wow! So many awesome ingredients to mix up your creativity with! 
I opted for a really  bright and playful approach to this challenge, but enough chatter, here's what I created....

"So Much Fun, You Go Girl"

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-02

How pretty! Light, bright, fresh & oh-so-happy! 
This page is full of whimsy and joy! 
And, if you know the story behind my darling girl's photos you'll understand why I needed such a pretty & carefree vibe! These photos document her first pair of glasses (which initially was not a good thing! Let me tell you, there were many tears shed about getting glasses!) but after the first day, no more headaches and many, many compliments later, she decided that having glasses was worth celebrating! (Hooray!) So while her mood was high, I snapped these quick pics, and went about telling this story - most of which is in a letter on the back of my page, but you get the general idea & theme of my page. 
Here's a closer look....

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-01

It really is fun, isn't it?! 
I used the beautiful Bazzill Petalsoft Cardstock from our gorgeous March 2020 Cardstock Kit, as my background base. To incorporate the 3 papers into my design, I used a 6" x 12" trim of the B side of the Pebbles: Hey, Hello: Birdies pattern paper, and a half inch strip of the Heidi Swapp: Storyline Chapters: Daily Dose paper to trim the sides of my layout. I secured both of these papers to the Bazzill Petalsoft Cardstock with machine sewn, zig-zag stitching.
 For the third paper, I couldn't resist fussy cutting some of those gorgeous roses from the Pebbles: Hey, Hello: Yellow Roses paper. Stunning! 

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-06

I framed my main photo with one of the die cut frames from the Storyline Chapters ephemerapack, and then added fussy cut photo corners (in a similar color) to my smaller photo. In keeping with my playful and happy vibe, I used a confetti spray of stickers, puffy dots, die cut ephemera and faceted gems to decorate my page.

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-04

With so many sunglass stickers in the Pebbles: Hey, Hello collection, it seemed a no-brainer to use them all for this glasses celebration page! I also added in a ton of hearts and some shiny gold accent stickers too! 

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-05

Yay! Right now is my favorite! (My momma bear heart is so relieved!)

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-07

 I created my multi font title with a mix of the Vicki Boutin: Let's Wander: Paperwork Thickers, the super sweet Paige Evan's Bloom Street: Flutter Phrase Stickers and that tiny sentiment sticker - You Go Girl - from the Hey, Hello Sticker Book. I even adorned a few of theThickers with the sunglasses embellishments too! The March Hip Kits coordinate and compliment each other perfectly, and really make memory keeping so beautiful! For finishing touches, I added a few of the Bloom Street: Dimensional Butterflies and voila! 

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-April17th-Blog-03

A super sweet 'n' fun take on the Recipe Challenge using the March 2020 Main, Embellishment & Cardstock Kits
I hope you feel inspired to play along with us at Hip Kit Club! 
Please upload your creations in the
  Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE - I can't wait to see them all! 

Thanks so much for visiting today,
til next time, 


AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment