Shimmerz Paints: January 2020 Color Kitz Inspiration & Video!






Hi Everyone! 

Welcome back for more bright, colorful & shimmery inspiration with
my latest scrapbook layout (& process video) with the stunning new 





I know, amazing right?! 
The Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz are bigger & better than ever before! 
The new 2020 Kitz include exclusive colors and products to tie your whole page together. The January 2020 Collection includes the following colors and products:
Into The Woods Vibez
 A new exclusive color to this kit. 
This color is a vibrant hunter green hue with silver shimmer.
Before Dawn Vibez
 A black pigment spray with shimmer.
Sage Advice Shimmerz
 A new exclusive color to this kit.
This color is a soft and neutral sage green hue with shimmer mixed within.
For Shore Creameez
 A cool neutral hue watercolor.
Silver Fox Shimmerz
 A new exclusive color to this kit. 
Silver fox is a silver hue paint with shimmer mixed within.
Sheer Bliss Inklingz
 A skin tone neutral hue watercolor.
PLUS
4 journaling cards
1 exclusive Forest cut file created by Paige Taylor Evans
1 teaspoon package of Country Buttonz
1 set of "Happy Day" Dotz

Wow! That's one super impressive kit! 
The creative possibilities with this Color Kit are endless, but I wanted to create a page that featured all.the.things!!! Here's what I created, 

"Explorer"

Whoa! How awesome is this?!
The January edition Color Kitz was perfect for documenting my lil explorer! 
Think great outdoors, adventuring and lake life! So cool!
You'll spy that I even added one extra color to the mix - Ultra Marine Shimmerz! This stunning hue of deep blue coordinated beautifully with the greens and grays of the January Kit! Love it! 
Here's a closer look at my layout......

Yep, this is one super cool page for my little guy! 
As soon as I saw the Forest cut file created by Paige Taylor Evans, I knew I would create a masculine layout! If you look closely at my darling boy's photo, you'll notice that his top has a very similar design on it! Awesome!

To create this layout, I began by filling sheets of paper with all the kit colors. While they were drying, I prepared the cut file. I cut it in plain white cardstock, and removed some of the cut pieces, while keeping others intact. The mix of inset and paper backed sections really added interest to the cut file. 
The inset sun rays are left untouched, but I used the neutral For Shore Creameez to paint the mountain peaks and clouds....


Simple, but so effective! 
The remaining sections of the sun are backed with the paper which I painted with Sheer Bliss Inklingz, and the mountains are backed with the new Silver Fox Shimmerz. SO good! La la love this new Shimmerz!

The trees are mostly backed with varying depths (paint coats) of Into The Woods Vibez, except for one which I backed with Sage Advice Shimmerz for a point of difference and interest. Here's a closer look at them....


Trees 1,2 & 4 are Into The Woods Vibez and tree 3 is Sage Advice Shimmerz. Such gorgeous colors!
 I added in the Ultra Marine Shimmerz for the water element of the cut file, and I'm so glad I did! This bright pop of color adds just enough playfulness to the design without distracting from the beautiful January Color Kitz colors. 
Before I adhered the Forest cut file to the Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Boys Rule pattern paper, I added lots of inky droplets, splatter and brush strokes to the pattern paper with the Before Dawn Vibez. Once dry, I foam mounted the cut file, and glued it to the inky base. 


I have used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Boys Rule collection to embellish my page too, but it's those Happy Day Dotz that won me over! Aren't they fabulous?! I couldn't help myself, & used all of them to adorn my photo with! Yes, that good!
 You'll also spy that I layered my photo cluster onto one of the journaling tags, and sprinkled a few of the teeny tiny buttons around the page. Told you I used all.the.things!


Such a cool kid page! 
You can see how it all came together in my process video below....




Thanks so much for watching!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating today! 

Remember! The Color Kitz are limited edition, so be sure to get yours HERE, before they're sold out! Type AMANDA in the comments section of your order & you'll receive a freebie paint too! 



Yay! 

Thanks again for stopping by, 
til next time, 



Leave a Comment

  1. Listen...

    What I'm going to tell you may sound pretty weird, maybe even a little "supernatural"

    WHAT if you could just click "Play" to LISTEN to a short, "magical tone"...

    And magically attract MORE MONEY to your life???

    And I'm really talking about hundreds... even thousands of dollars!

    Think it's too EASY??? Think it's IMPOSSIBLE?

    Well then, I'll be the one to tell you the news.

    Many times the greatest blessings life has to offer are the easiest to GET!

    Honestly, I will provide you with PROOF by allowing you to listen to a REAL "miracle money-magnet tone" I developed...

    You just press "Play" and the money will start coming into your life.. starting pretty much right away..

    TAP here to experience the marvelous "Miracle Money TONE" - as my gift to you!

    ReplyDelete