Hip Kit Club: Winter Wonderland!




Hi Friends!
Welcome back to the Happy Arty Days blog!

I am super excited to share my first project with the stunning November  2019 Main Scrapbook, Pocket Life & Cardstock Kits for the Hip Kit Club!

The November digital cut files are super pretty & I just couldn't resist using the Snowflake 1 cut file for my Winter themed layout! 
But enough chatter, here's what I created....

"Winter Wonderland"

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_02

Oh wow, wonderland indeed! 
Fall might have the most beautiful colors, but there's something really magical about Winter, snow & ice! So delicate and pretty!!!
Let's take a better look at this snowy delight!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_01

Just gorgeous! So many beautiful layers and details!
I am absolutely swooning over the exclusive Make A Wish 12 x 12 patterned papers, so naturally,  I couldn't help but use a few of them for this layout. I started with the soft pink, reverse side, of Deck The Halls as my layout base. Next, I trimmed the reverse side of Silent Night to 10" x 10" and centered it over the pretty pink base. And last, but by no means least, I trimmed pattern paper White Christmas to 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" and layered it over the soft gray paper. 
To add more emphasis to the overall design and draw you into the center of the page even more, I decided to use the Snowflake 1 cut file. I cut it to a 10 inch size using the Bazzill Avalanche cardstockfrom the November 2019 Cardstock Kit. 

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_03

With the snowflake lining the center of the layout, I began to build up my page. The frame in the Make A Wish exclusive Chipboard Stickerswas perfect pop of bold color to draw further attention to my darling boy's picture. I positioned my framed photograph in the center of the snowflake, and adorned both sides of it with a variety of blue Christmas Tree Die Cuts.  
With these main embellishments in place, I was ready to add a few stamped snowflakes too!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_04

The tiny snowflake from the Make A Wish Stamp included in the Pocket Life Kit was just the right size to repeat stamp, and it worked perfectly as an alternative to sequins or enamel dots. 

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_05

With snowflakes being a bit of a theme in my layout, I decided to add a few more of them with the fabulousChipboard Stickers! So good! I also added a few puffy sticker hearts & dots to complete the look.

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Dec3rd_Blog_06

For finishing touches, I used the Puffy Alphabet Stickersfrom the Pocket Life Kit to create my fun, Winter Wonderland title! 
And there you have it! 
A really lovely page that is super fun (& easy) to recreate! 

I hope I have inspired you to get creating with the November 2019 Hip Kits today! 
Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time, 


AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment