Citrus Twist Kits: Sunday Sketch!






Hi Creative Friends!


Welcome back to the Happy Arty Days blog!
Today I'm presenting this week's installment of the
Citrus Twist Kits Sunday Sketch feature!
This sketch is tons of fun, and I hope I can inspire you to play along!

So, without further ado, here's what this week's Sunday Sketch looks like...


Told you it was a fun one! Such a cool design, and really easy to take inspiration from!
Here's my twist on it...

"Weekend Happiness"


Isn't this pretty?!! 
As you can see, I have altered the sketch (Or kinda trimmed the right hand side off) to create an 8" x 11" layout page. That's the wonderful thing about sketches, you can edit them to suit your creative style! 
Plus, after creating quite a few projects this month I really didn't have any 3"x 4" cards left over to 'perfectly' follow the sketch. Realistically, I could have cut my own 3" x 4" card from one of the Best Of This Life Pattern Papers, or used one of the July 2019 digital printable 3 x 4 Journaling Cards but I still needed to fit the sketch into a smaller page size. So, I decided to use the 2nd photo as the card, and replaced the paper clip with an embellishment or 4! 

Here's a better look at my page...


Happiness, indeed! Ain't nobody loves the weekend like my sweet girl! In her own words, "Mondays be like, Meh! & when FriYAY calls I'm like, so there!" Ummm... yeah, teen lingo and whatever that means, lololol! 
Seriously though, such a super fun and playful page! 

I've used the Best Of This Life July Life Crafted Kit, the Life Crafted July 2019 Digital Cut Aparts & the Joyful Day Phrase Stickers (Pinkfresh Studio) from the July 2019 Scrapbooking Add On Kit. 
I have foam mounted the photo cluster to add a little more interest and some dimension to the design.

Speaking of clusters, how fantastic are all those embellishments in the top right of my photo?!


The puffy stickers in this month's kit are so fab! I'm loving the bright Summer colors and the sentiments are totally on point!
And let's not forget to mention my mixed title....


I have combined the bright colored WEEKEND ephemera with the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day phrase sticker, happiness to create my title. I love how effective this looks! 
You'll spy that I foam mounted the ephemera for added 'pop' against the phrase sticker. 
And there you have it!
Simple. Pretty. Lazy Sunday creating!

I wonder how you'll interpret this sketch?
Please be sure to add your projects to the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page HERE so we can be inspired by your awesomeness too! 
We LOVE seeing what everyone creates with their Citrus Twist Kits! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, 
til next time, 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment