Imaginarium Designs: December Planning!





Hi Imaginarium Designs Friends!

Welcome to December!
 'Tis The Season to enjoy some creative time with our fabulous chipboard!

And with the New Year not far upon us, I wanted to share a quick and simple tutorial on using your favourite chipboard in your Planners :)
Yes...  I said, Planners , as in more than one, lol!
 I may have several...shh! It's okay we're all happy planning friends here ;)
But enough of the chatter, here's what this week looks like in my planner....

Hello, December!!!


I did say I love my planners, didn't I? & how cool is this?!!!
I've used my MAMBI: The Happy Planner, & Cocoa Vanilla Studio's: Tis The Season Collection, a few gems from The Planner Society and combined them with some too cute chippies for a fabulous result!
My favourites are those divine Christmas Tree clips - so sweet!

Here's how I created my planner page for this week....

I always choose a colour palette or theme for my weekly planner - naturally the first week of December needed to reflect the Jolly Silly Season! 
& then, I select small to medium chipboard pieces that will tie in well with my theme. 
Here's some of my selections for this week...


Can't go past those new hashtag words!!! SO cool!

I begin by inking my trees in Ingvild Bolme Chalkers: Mint & Kaisercraft Ink Pads: Red. 


Note: These inks are water soluble, so allow to thoroughly dry before applying a generous coat of Couture Creations: Glitzin Glamour: Red and Crystallina.


I also coated a mini star in the same reds, and once dry, attached to my mint tree.

When the glitter glue is completely dry, turn the chippies over, and using a strong bonding adhesive, attach the extra long paper clips. (or fold clips, or wooden pegs for page markers too!)


 Voila! 
Very cool clips that can be tailored to suit any theme or colours in your Planners. 


 I also used chippies to embellish my page too! 
I used glitter gold embossing powder on some of them and attached to my page with double sided tape. 


The stars work really well with the Christmas theme of my Planner spread, & those new hashtag words are just awesome!!! 
They're quite delicate, contemporary and fun - perfect for us Planner Junkies ;)



 Oh, & I did one more chippie treatment! I used the negative cutout from my tree chipboard as a stencil with my WeRMemoryKeepers Heatwave Tool to create those foiled red trees! Another fun way to use our chippies in our Planners!


To see more of my Planner love be sure to follow me on IG: @happy_arty_days








I also made a commitment to my family this month that I would stop hoarding   ahem! 'collecting' pretty papers and actually use them! Bahahaha! I've tried.....

Here's 2 layouts from scrapping my stash!

#Wonderful


I love the delicacy of this page! Soft, and feminine - perfect for my lil girl!
It's created from the new Crate Paper Shine collection that I had to buy - but has been sitting on my desk for weeks now because it's too pretty to use! lol!
Like my Planner page, I have used those fantastic hashtag words, and coated '#wonderful' in glitter gold embossing powder - giving the chipboard a golden, lustrous shine!
Here's a closer peak....


Below the #wonderful, and tucked in my photo cluster, is a tiny chipboard flourish. Very delicate & painted in white acrylic paint to keep it 'pure'. 
The other chippies featured are Natalie's awesome hand drawn hearts - love these! 
So versatile and easy to use! 
To keep with the softness of this layout I have inked them in a very light petal pink ink. Gorgeous!






And my final layout for today is created from my long loved Amy Tangerine stash, "Rise & Shine"

"Best Friends"


Isn't this the sweetest photo ever? Cousins that are truly the very best of friends - so lovely!
And yes, a very simple design - but not every page is a masterpiece! Sometimes I just love to keep it simple and embrace the patterned paper and my special photographs!
And those chippies really do embellish the page perfectly!
Here's a closer look....


I've coated both dragonflies in Bo Bunny Glitter Paste in gold. Divine!


The clouds are simply inked in matte white ink. 


And that amazing title chipboard has been treated with Kaisercraft Inks; Saffron & Tangello, and then coated in Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. Stunning result!









And there you have it!
My December creations for Imaginarium Designs - hope you liked my planner page ;)

til next time, 
Happy Arty Days, xo



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment