Elle's Studio: Product Spotlight - June Digitals!





Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio inspiration! 
Today I am shining the product spotlight on the fabulous June 2020 Printables aptly titled, Summer Snapshots. 
It's no secret that I LOVE the versatility of digital products, 
but when combined with the awesome colors and designs that Elle is famous for, well, it needs no explanation! 
Happy crafting days! 
But enough chatter, here's what I created with the June 2020 Printables, 

"Summer Snapshots"


Other: Bazzill Cardstock - Avalanche, Stamping Ink - Black, Light Blue & Mint, Sewing Machine Stitching, Pom Pom Trim, & Sequins. 

Oh.my.stars! Quite literally, all those stars! 
Such a delicate & divine approach to Summer documenting. 
Perfect for that sweet photo of my darling boy, when he was just a toddler, nawww! 
Let's take a closer look....... 


So soft & dreamy! 
As soon as I saw the Summer Snapshots journaling tag with the large star on it, I knew I would create something magical! I individually selected this journaling tag in my Windows software, pressed print, and chose to print 4 copies of it in the 9 x 13cm size, in the Print Pictures screen.
Once printed, I used a craft knife to cut out one of the star shapes, and backed this card with my photo. This created a fabulous frame and focal point for my photograph. 


Such a simple idea, and yet so effective! Love it!
Inspired by this star, and a love of fussy cutting, I cut around the remaining 3 stars ensuring the mint green color outlined each one. I love repetition in design, and I couldn't help but use all the stars! I fussy cut the small blue stars from one of the 6 x 4 journal cards from the June Kit and adhered them with foam tape throughout my layout. I also used that star label die cut to mount one of the sentiments from the Chipboard Star Stickers too! 


The star pattern paper from the Summer Fun 6 x 8.5" Paper Stack didn't stand a chance, and naturally, I had to feature it. With the presence of so much blue in my page, I revisited the Summer Snapshots Printables. I printed, then cut out, the blue 'Summer Snapshots' journal card. I foam mounted this fussy cut sentiment and created my layout title. 


This awesome title then inspired the use of banners throughout my layout. 
I trimmed the star pattern paper into a pennant style banner, which I then layered my framed photo onto. I also used the gray polka dot paper from the Summer Fun pack, and crafted an over sized banner label which I adhered to my white cardstock base. 
I machine stitched the blue star banner onto the polka dot one, and then continued to adorn my scrapbook page with stars and banners. 


For a finished and polished look, I completed my layout with a mix of color coordinating sequins from my stash, and those amazing Summer Fun Stamps! I stamped the stars in mint and pale blue inks, and used black ink for my 'summer tradition' journaling. 


Who would've thought that the humble pocket card printable could be so amazingly beautiful
 (& versatile)?!
 I hope I have given you some new ideas on using the wonderful Elle's Studio Digitals in your everyday documenting, and that you feel inspired! 

Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 



Leave a Comment