Citrus Twist Kits: 3-to-Inspire!





Hi Creatives! 

Welcome back for another inspirational installment of the CTK 3-to-Inspire challenge post! 
The August Citrus Twist Kits are simply STUNNING! 
& I just had to use both of them for my layout today! 
(If you don't know what I'm talking about, you better head over to the CTK store now before they're completely sold out!)

Before I share my layout, here's the 3 things you'll need to feature in your projects to play along too....

1. Use floral pattern paper  I love a good floral & to be completely honest, both kits are sporting some very pretty designs! Infact, it was hard to pick which floral paper to use!

2. Put a heart on it  There are a myriad of heart embellishments, digtial items and even stamps  for August. Show us how you like to feature hearts on your creations.

3. Make it messy  Feature any form of mixed media on your project - be it stamping and inks (the stamps this month are aaah-mazing!!!), watercolors, or even some texture paste. Whatever medium takes your fancy - just be sure to include it on your finished project.

Now with the formalities outta the way, here's my layout to inspire you with...

"Hello"


Isn't this dreamy & divine?!
As I mentioned previously, I couldn't decide on which gorgeous August Kit to create with, so in the end I combined both the Life Crafted Chasing Rainbows Kit with the Scrapbook Add-On Kit. I think they coordinated pretty well together! You'll also spy that I used this months Traveler's Notebook Stamp, and some of our wonderful Digital Cut Apart Elements too! Simply stunning!

Here's a closer look for you....


I used the divine floral pattern paper, New Thoughts from Pinkfresh Studio that was included in this month's Scrapbook Add-On Kit. I just LOVE the colors in this pretty floral paper - they complimented my photograph beautifully, & became the color scheme for my entire design. I used the white cardstock as my layout base, and then created a painty, watercolor background using the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors. The colors I used were LavenderSapphire, Bubblegum & Sky Blue and you can find them all in the shop HERE! To this background, I also repeat stamped the heart icon from the Life Crafted Traveler's Notebook Stamp. Gorgeous!!!


In keeping with my color scheme, I decided to print & fussy cut a number of the Digital Cut Apart Elements. Believe it, or not, my larger lilac banner base is actually the same banner as the tiny one with the blue rose on it (simply enlarged and printed singularly).
 So cool! I just love how versatile the Digitals are! 


Over this banner, I built my photo cluster using lots of lovelies from the Life Crafted Chasing Rainbows Kit. If you look carefully, you'll even notice that I fussy cut the Kit Title Note Card, & used it both above, and to the side, of my sweet photo! To complete this cluster, I adorned my photo with that fabulous printed cork embellishment. 


The hello acrylic word included in the Chasing Rainbows Kit was too amazing not to use! I positioned mine over my mixed media base so that it was more visible on the white cardstock. 


For a finished look, I added cotton floss & Strawberry Tart sequins from SpiegelMomScraps, as well as the blue puffy alphas & acetate hearts from the Life Crafted Kit. Voila!

There you have it! My take on this week's 3-to-Inspire challenge! 

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see what you'll create! 
Be sure to upload your creations to the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page HERE.

Haven't shopped your kits yet? 
If you're super fast there *might* be one or two still available in the store HERE 
but, to avoid disappointment be sure to sign up for a subscription 
& never miss a kit again - YAY!!!
Happy Creating!

Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment